I TOTALLY FEEL LIKE IT I FEEL A LOT LET ME TELL YOU HOW I FEEL!
- I like memes! I do not participate in as many as I want to, as I am slow, slow, slow, but I like a lot of memes. I have always been curious about the shipping meme - the one about which tumblr user people ship you with? I have never participated in that one! Because what if I get FOREVER ALONE?
- I find it difficult to be completely serious for too long. This is especially noticeable when it starts to get a bit late, or I get a bit bored.
- I have a very bad concept of time. Time is kind of this thing that happens to other people. I do not really feel time moving and doing things, suddenly it just… has been weeks. It is a wonder I get as much done as I do.
- I have the most elephantastic fridge of all time, I think. I have decorated it with elephant cards people have given me, and I put them up with elephant magnets, of course. It is kind of a monument to friendship!
- I love sculpting, but I am very all over the place about it. I keep my deadlines, but I have a lot going at once. I need to, not because I lose interest, but because I lose confidence in a lot of things and need to let them rest for a while before I can get going again. I get things done, eventually, but many sculptures have a stage or several where I just cannot look at it and need to set it aside, so that I will not come to hate it.
- My fic writing is much the same. Like with sculpting, some things gets done quick like whoa! While others I get stuck at and need to set aside and take it up later. I have never lost interest, but sometimes I get stuck, for many different reasons. I feel very guilty about it, because I want to write lots of things and make people happy. I have gift fics that have been in progress for so long, and I jump between feeling like “okay yes finally this is the final editing stage!” and “no I cannot show this to anyone”. Some of it has to do with my limits with the English language, as it is not my native one, and some of it has to do with insecurities.
- I am mostly self-taught in English; my native language is Swedish, but I have not had the formal education I should have had which is a source of many insecurities of mine.
- I have a lot of insecurities, but I try to work on them all. I want to get better in general, as a person. My motto is to face my daylight horrors, and I do my best to face at least one fear each day. I have many fears to choose from, so I am at no risk at running out soon. Life is like that, there is always something new, both good and bad.
- I collect model horses/horse sculptures. My focus is on the art, the sculpting and the painting, and also the naming them things like Chubstermubster and Captain Cuddlenugget. I have gotten compliments for my awful Anders-style names for his kittens in fics; they are names from life! TRUE STORY. I like to name them things like that to troll some of the other collectors a bit. Some of them are so very serious, and there is a limit to how serious I can be when it comes to naming inanimate objects.
- For this one, I will cheat a bit, because it is still true and still how I think of things. The last time this meme was on, I said that I love getting to know people, and that the process of getting to know them reminds me a bit of reading a book. The talking and gradually growing closer and getting to know each other is like turning the pages of a book and watching a story unfold. Only while a book ends when all the pages have been turned, with people, there is no coming to and end like that; you tend to find friendship (and then I suppose you write the sequel together, and it is all friendship and love, hopefully).
And I think that is something that relates to a lot of how I work. I am open and I tell my story and I love to have others tell their stories, because I want to understand people, and know people, because I care about people and their stories and just, everything.
Which might sound kind silly, or cheesy, but I think that is alright. I think I am alright like this!